Sunday, April 02, 2006

Moving On...

No one to ask.
No one to tell.
How it came to be,
What I fail to understand.
You've moved on
And I'm still here.
How it came to be
And how there's no fear.
Only the knowledge;
Of Uncertainty.
Of what I shall never know.
Of how it is so simple,
For you to say "Here I go."
And why it's so hard
For me to believe it's really so.
My heart's still in one piece,
Because it's still with you.
You've gone away
And I'm still here.
You took what was yours,
You took your heart away.
Leave me, my love!
Let go, my life!
But it's strange,
Though they're linked,
Life still resides
In the empty shell
That's me.
An excuse for poetry.
A verse, an attempt,
To see if what Jane Austen said,
Is for real or make believe,
Like everything else I've ever seen!
p.s.: What Jane Austen said in her book "Pride & Prejudice" was:-
Elizabeth: " I wonder who first discovered the efficacy of poetry in driving away love."
Darcy: "I have been used to consider poetry as the food of love."
Elizabeth: "Of a fine stout, healthy love it may be. Everything nourishes what is strong already. But if it only be a slight, thin sort of inclination, I am convinced that one good sonnet willstarve it entirely away."
A classic if you ask me!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger