Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Winter Fire

Winter fire
Burning higher
Melting away my self control.
My hands are shaking,
A cold sweat's breaking
I have to move on now.

It came to me
Like a flash of light
In the middle of a dreary winter night

I thought I was a grown-up girl
Didn't ever think
These things were real

I'd moved on to a life of being alone
And then you came back to hold my hand
How can I be who I used to be
In the face of this hot winter fire.

I'd never thought it would be you
Never experienced this fantasy reel
But life is a ride, so says everyone
Winter fire engulfed me before I could breathe.

Winter fire's burning higher
I'm without control, I'm swerving now
I have to get off this road and find another
Another that's mine and can't be stolen.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger