Sunday, November 23, 2008

Could I?

Could I ever be just to your love?

Could I ever do justice by it?

Could I ever be fair to it?

Could I ever be good enough for it?

Your perfection, your kindness,

Your warmth, your gentleness,

Your apt words, your charming innocence,

Your tone of voice, your guileless wit,

I love you for who you are

Victory in itself for a love that would be

Silencing my critics and my inner hypocrisy

I take you as you are

I love you, I do

I like the sound of it as I say

The same words a million times

Couldn't ever tire of saying a phrase

Language becomes the food of love

Making us feel a feeling better as it were

Redeeming our souls by a small measure

Bringing it back from the hell of self-control

Letting ourselves loose and believing in sweet surrender

Cutting off from sanity

With complete and mindless unwonder

The universe conspires

It makes things happen

Perhaps they're two lovers too

Whispering sweet nothings into ears

Life is a kaleidoscope

A mish mash of colours

I see all of them through my own peephole

Not through that of any others'

No comments:

Powered By Blogger