Sunday, November 09, 2008

My kind of guy...

Shhh.. I'm you're sweetheart and yes you're mine
You're the kind of guy I knew I wanted since I was nine
Sparkling eyes and a secret to tell
You wanted me, oh yes, I knew so well...

Silly poems and weird lines
I wrote it all so I could make you mine
Walked in my footsteps, you held my hand
You told the world, that you were my man

You're the kind of guy, who'd stay up till four
Waiting for me to finish my book written by some old bore
Watch me crinkle my eyes and smile back at you
Pull up the sheet and curl up next to you
You come close to me and tell me my perfume smells sexy
I tell you right back I'm not wearing any
You pull me even closer and you tell me that's what you see
An honesty beyond my years and the total lack of common courtesy
You hold me tight and tell me you don't
Take me seriously when the whole world does
Isn't that refreshing and isn't that cool
You'd be the only one of whom I'd believe that true
Because you're the kind of guy who made me feel proud
Of everything I'd done, tell me that until I was worn out

You're my kind of guy, you are my man
I saw you grow up and I know you'll stay till the end
Far and wide, I searched high and low
Literally tried it all, never learned to take it slow
You taught me the meaning of
All good things come in their own time
You made me wait, and you were alone the one who pulled it off.

You're that kind of guy who tried my patience
Made me pull my hair out, made me hate you with a vengeance
But behind it all, there was a true love
Made me say silly things, made me do even worse
At last, in the end, I faced myself
Looked me in the eye and told myself
You're that kind of guy, I knew I had to have
The only kind of guy, who'd ever grow up to be my man.

And look what we have today,
Look, we actually made it...
Who'd have thought we'd get through it all,
But I, I just knew you were my kind of guy...
The only one who'd make sure we made it..
I love you...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger